Training duration: 5 days (40 ac h).
Target audience: professionals across all IT practices. Anyone who is a part any kind of IT project or wish to understand the DevOps methodology will benefit from this course:
- Software Development Professionals
- IT Service Management Professionals
- Project & Program Managers
- IT Directors
- Business Analysts
- Testing Professionals
- Data Center Professionals
- Release Managers
- Change Managers
- System Architects
- System Engineers
Prerequisites: No formal prerequisites exist for this course.
The training is held in cooperation with our partner QA.
Contents of this training
DevOps is an emerging practice supporting fast, sustainable software delivery and infrastructure changes through automation while encouraging collaboration of development and operations teams.
This five day DevOps Practitioner course is designed to give delegates from both teams experience in deploying modern, large scale complex systems in the cloud using a DevOps tools chain to create an end to end pipeline supporting continuous integration, configuration management, system provisioning, containerisation, continuous deployment, continuous delivery and continuous monitoring of software delivery and infrastructure changes.
Specific course content
Day one is an introduction to what DevOps is and how the tools we use can help in its realisation. We then look at cloud-based systems and beginning our pipeline by building and managing a distributed version control system for code collaboration using git.
- Introduction to DevOps
- The pillars of the movement
- DevOps tools
- Introduction to cloud computing and AWS
Day two is concerned with continuous integration and deployment whereby we will automate the testing and packaging of code changes made in a git repository using Jenkins.
- Introduction to build managers with maven
- building projects based on archetypes
- Introduction to CI/CD Using Jenkins to build projects
- Linking Jenkins to git repositories
- Automating the build and deployment processes
Day three focuses on containerisation of code, automating the creation of sustainable and deployable environments using Docker and container orchestration with Docker-compose.
- What is containerisation
- Introduction to Docker
- Building containers
- Deploying containers
- Orchestrating the deployment of containers on nodes using Docker-compose
Day four moves onto automation of configuration management and rapid infrastructure provisioning. Terraform and Puppet will be added to the tool chain to support high site reliability.
- Orchestration and Automation of configuration
- Introduction to Puppet
- Using Puppet to deploy configuration changes
- Introduction into Terraform
- Using Terraform to rapidly provision cloud services
- Combining Jenkins, containers, Puppet and Terraform
The final day will consist of continuous monitoring with Zabbix and maintaining the support of a healthy infrastructure.
- Monitoring and optimisation
- Introduction to Zabbix
- Installing and using Zabbix
- Registering new servers with Zabbix
On this course attendees will:
- know what DevOps is and how the tools we use can help in its realisation;
- can automate the testing and package the code changes made in a git repository using Jenkins.
- can containerise the code, automating the creation of sustainable and deployable environments using Docker and container orchestration with Docker-compose;
- can combine Jenkins, containers, Puppet and Terraform;
- knows how to monitor with Zabbix and can maintain the support of a healthy infrastructure.
- classroom training;
- course materials;
- certification exams.
In addition we offer:
- snacks, tea and coffee;
- lunch on each training day.
Paul MercerSenior Learning Consultant