ITIL® 4 Managing Professional Transition
Training duration: 5 days (40 ac h).
Target audience: This course is targeted at ITSM leaders, and practitioners who already hold the ITIL v3 Expert qualification (or have 17 points under the ITIL v3 scheme) and gives them a direct path to transition to the new ITIL 4 Managing Professional (MP) designation. .
Prerequisites: Delegates must already have either a ITIL v3 Expert certifcate obtained by passing the MALC exam or ITIL v2-v3 Bridging exam, or have achieved a minimum of 17 credits in the ITIL v3 qualification scheme.
The training is held in cooperation with our partner QA.
Contents of this training
The course is designed to give a deep understanding of the key concepts of the ITIL 4 framework to enable successful management of modern IT-enabled services. It is also designed to prepare delegates for the ITIL 4 Managing Professional Transition module examination which leads to the award of the ITIL 4 Managing Professional status. The exam, which is sat on the last day of the course, is a ‘closed book’ examination, 90 minutes in duration and consists of 40 multi-choice questions. Successful candidates will need to score 28 or more out of 40 to pass.
Specific course content will include:
- Main differences between ITIL v3’s five-stage lifecycle IT service management model and its 26 processes and functions, compared to ITIL 4’s service value system model and its 34 practices;
- SVS model and its components
- Key concepts of ITIL 4 advanced IT Specialist courses: Create, Deliver & Support; Drive Stakeholder Value; High Velocity IT; Direct, Plan & Improve
- High quality add-ons, including “how-tos” based on real-life examples from the best ITIL trainers in the world
From the ITIL 4 Specialist – High Velocity IT Module:
- understand concepts regarding the high-velocity nature of the digital enterprise, including the demand it places on IT;
- understand the digital product lifecycle in terms of the ITIL ‘operating model’;
- understand the importance of the ITIL Guiding Principles and other fundamental concepts for delivering high velocity IT.
From the ITIL 4 Specialist – Drive Stakeholder Value Module:
- understand how customer journeys are designed;
- know how to foster stakeholder relationships;
- know how to shape demand and define service offerings;
- know how to onboard and offboard customers and users;
- know how to act together to ensure continual value co-creation (service consumption / provisioning);
- know how to realise and validate service value.
From the ITIL 4 Strategist – Direct, Plan and Improve Module:
- understand the scope of what is to be directed and/or planned, and know how to use key principles and methods of direction and planning in that context;
- understand the role of governance, risk and compliance and how to integrate the principles and methods into the service value system;
- understand and know how to use the key principles and methods of Organizational Change Management to direct, plan and improve.
- classroom training;
- course materials;
- certification exams.
In addition we offer:
- snacks, tea and coffee;
- lunch on each training day.
ITIL® is a registered trade mark of AXELOS Limited, used under permission of AXELOS Limited. All rights reserved.