Training duration: 2 days (16 ac h).
Target audience: Project managers, consultants and support staff needing a comprehensive understanding of all aspects of the project lifecycle along with the key management documents that should be created during each stage of a project when using PRINCE2 project management method.
Prerequisites: Since this is a compressed, fast-moving training course, it is required that you familiarize yourself with the material that is sent before the training or that you have the experience of using PRINCE2 in project management. It is recommended that you book approx. 1 hour for going through the pre-material.
Getting PRINCE2 Foundation Certification does not require project work experience, but having project work experience is recommended so that you can better adopt the lessons of the training course.
This training is run by an officially accredited trainer using an officially accredited training material, based on the latest version PRINCE2 Foundation, 6th edition. The material and optional certification tests are in English.
Contents of this training
After attending PRINCE2 Foundation training course you can utilize this project work framework in your own projects either as a project manager or as a member of a project team.
The PRINCE2® course provides participants with a detailed knowledge of the PRINCE2 project methodology (6th edition) including the seven principles, seven themes, seven processes and three techniques central to running a project using the PRINCE2 method. This course prepares you to participate to a voluntary PRINCE2 Foundation certification exam, too.
- Learn, understand and use the most important concepts of the PRINCE2 method
- Monitor a project within the boundaries of the project plan
- Participate effectively in a project in accordance with the PRINCE2 method
- Describe the purpose and major content of all roles, the seven processes and the sub-processes, and the techniques
- State which management products are input to, or output from, the seven processes
- State the main purpose, and key contents, of the major management products
- State the relationships between processes, deliverables, roles and the management dimensions of a project
- Prepare for the PRINCE2 Foundation exam
- Lay a firm Foundation knowledge to allow delegates to move onto PRINCE2 Practitioner Level
- Understand the level of responsibility, authority and accountability held by those involved in the Project
- Articulate the steps needed to guide the project through controlled, well-managed and visible sets of activities to achieve the desired results
- 60 multiple choice questions
- 33 marks required (out of 60 available) to pass: 55%
- Duration: 60 minutes + extra 15 min for non-native English participants
- Closed book, no outside information sources are allowed (including e.g., dictionary, Google Translate or PRINCE2 Manual)
- Sample exams are available in Axelos website.
The PRINCE2 Foundation certification test is voluntary. The exam fee is included in your training fee.
The certification test is after the 2nd training day. You can also take the certification test online at your computer at the time best suitable to you.
On this course attendees will know how to:
- Demonstrate that they understand and can recall the various components of the PRINCE2 method;
- Explain the PRINCE2 principles;
- Explain the purpose of the seven PRINCE2 themes;
- Describe each step of the PRINCE2 journey, listing the activities required to guide a project throughout its lifecycle;
- Identify the recommended PRINCE2 management products which include baselines, records and reports.
- classroom training;
- course materials;
- certification exams.
In addition we offer:
- snacks, tea and coffee;
- lunch on each training day.
PRINCE2® is a registered trade mark of AXELOS Limited, used under permission of AXELOS Limited. All rights reserved.
Liisa TorkkeliConsultant & Trainer
•Certificates : ITIL Manager in ITSM 2005, ISO/IEC20000 Foundations 2007, ITIL Expert 2009, Prince2 Foundation 2009
and Prince2 Practitioner 2017 ; Managing Successful Programmes (MSP) 2010; Service ® Catalogue Management 2012;
COBIT5 Foundation 2013; TOGAF 9.1 Foundation 2013; CMDB Foundation 2013, ITIL 4 ® Foundation 2019 and ITIL 4 ®
Managing Professional Transition Module 2020
•Accredited trainer : ITIL 4 and Prince2
Training : Hundreds of customer tailored and public courses
Consulting: ITSM processes and practises ; service desk improvement and audit (Tieto, TeliaSonera, University of
Helsinki, National Land Survey etc.)