BCS ISTQB Foundation Certificate in Software Testing (inglise keeles)
Koolituse maht: 24 akadeemilist tundi (3 päeva)
Sihtgrupp: This course is intended for:
- The 2018 Foundation Level qualification is suitable for anyone who needs to demonstrate practical knowledge of the fundamental concepts of software testing including people in roles such as testers, test analysts, test engineers, test consultants, test managers, user acceptance testers and software developers.
- It is also appropriate for individuals who need a basic understanding of software testing including project managers, quality managers, software development managers, business analysts, IT directors and management consultants
- The new 2018 syllabus is recognised as a pre-requisite to other ISTQB® certifications where Foundation Level is required (note: all previous releases of Foundation Level, including the 2011 syllabus and “grandfathered” Foundation Level certifications, will remain valid).
Koolitusel osalemise eeldused: We recommend that attendees of this course have the following prerequisites:
- Delegates should already have a basic working knowledge of IT and an understanding of the testing role in software development.
This course provides comprehensive first-level training for anyone involved in software testing. It is accredited by the ISTQB and follows the CTFL 2018 syllabus specified by the International Software Testing Qualification Board (ISTQB).
The course covers the fundamentals of testing: definitions of testing standards, planning, managing the lifecycle, reviews and the tools available. Techniques for creating tests are described and practised. It culminates in a one-hour multiple choice examination for the BCS Foundation Certificate in Software Testing. Successful delegates will also gain the ISTQB Certified Tester – Foundation Level, a globally recognised qualification.
Fundamentals of Testing
- What is Testing?
- Why is Testing Necessary?
- Seven Testing Principles
- Test Process
- The Psychology of Testing
Testing Throughout the Software Development Lifecycle
- Software Development Lifecycle Models
- Test Levels
- Test Types
- Maintenance Testing
- Static Testing Basics
- Review Process
- Categories of Test Techniques
- Black-box Test Techniques
- White-box Test Techniques
- Experience-based Test Techniques
- Test Organization
- Test Planning and Estimation
- Test Monitoring and Control
- Configuration Management
- Risks and Testing
- Defect Management
Tool Support for Testing
- Test tool considerations
- Effective use of tools
The ISTQB exam is now available online via remote proctoring. Delegate can take the exam at any location at the time of their choosing. More information will be provided during the course
Structure of the Foundation Certificate in Software Testing Exam
- The examination consists of a one hour exam with 40 multiple choice questions.
- It will be a ‘closed book’ examination i.e. no notes or books will be allowed into the examination room.
- Duration of 60 minutes (or 75 minutes for candidates taking examinations that are not in their native language)
- No study material or electronic devices (including mobile phones) may be used during the examination Candidates are allowed to use simple non-programmable calculators (to be provided by the candidate)
- An official translation of terms (not their definitions) from the ISTQB® Glossary to the local language is allowed. Candidates taking exams that are not in their native language may use a paper-based translation dictionary.
- The pass mark is 65% (26 out of 40).
This course is designed to teach you how to:
- Promote efficient and effective communication by using a common vocabulary for software testing.
- Understand fundamental concepts of software testing.
- Demonstrate understanding of how different development and testing practices, and different constraints on testing, may apply in optimising testing to different contexts.
- Contribute effectively in reviews.
- Use established techniques for designing tests at all test levels.
- Interpret and execute tests from given test specifications. Report on test results.
- Understand test management principles for resources, strategies, planning, project control and risk management
- Write and communicate clear and understandable defect reports
- Understand the project factors that drive the test priorities and test approach
- Understand the value that software testing brings to stakeholders
- Appreciate how testing activities and work products align with project objectives, measures and targets
- Assist in the selection and implementation process of testing tool.
Täienduskoolituse õppekavarühm: informatsiooni- ja kommunikatsioonitehnoloogia interdistsiplinaarne õppekavarühm
QA ametlik koolitaja