Introduction to PHP (e-learning)
Course duration: 7 days (56 academic hours).
Target audience: This online course is for students new to PHP.
Prerequisites: HTML and CSS experience is required for this PHP class.
To complete the training and get a certification you need to pass the quiz 100%.
In this PHP online training course, students will learn to create database-driven websites using PHP and MySQL.
Lesson 1: PHP Basics
- How server-side programming works.
- How PHP works.
- To write a simple PHP page.
- About variable scope.
- The difference between single and double quotes.
- To pass values from one page to another via the URL.
- To recognize and look up documentation on PHP functions.
- To understand and work with simple PHP variables.
- To write user-defined functions.
- To include files in other files to avoid rewriting the same content.
- To display error messages during development.
Lesson 2: PHP Conditionals
- To work with if – elseif – else conditions in PHP.
- To work with switch / case statements in PHP.
- To use the ternary operator.
- To use the null coalescing operator.
Lesson 3: Arithmetic Operators and Loops
- To use PHP operators.
- To use the modulus operator.
- To work with loops in PHP.
Lesson 4: Arrays
- To work with indexed arrays.
- To work with associative arrays.
- To work with two-dimensional arrays.
- To work with array-manipulation functions.
Lesson 5: Working with Databases
- To work with object-oriented PHP.
- To connect to a database.
- To use phpMyAdmin.
- To query a database and display records.
- To paginate through records.
- To sort records.
- To filter records.
Lesson 6: Exception Handling
- To catch and gracefully handle exceptions.
- To log errors.
Lesson 7: PHP and HTML Forms
- To process form data with PHP.
Lesson 8: Sending Email with PHP
- To send emails using PHP’s built-in mail() function.
- To send email using PHPMailer, a PHP extension with more features than mail().
Lesson 9: Authentication with PHP and SQL
- To safely store passwords and pass phrases.
- To create and work with tokens.
- To manage session variables.
- To manage cookies.
- To create a login form.
- To create a logout page.
- To create a registration form.
- To create a pass phrase reset form.
Lesson 10: LAB: Inserting, Updating, and Deleting Poems
- To insert, update, and delete records by doing a hands-on lab.
Lesson 11: Uploading Files
- To upload images through a form to the server.
Purpose of the course
The main purpose of this e-course is to give students a good understanding of the basics of PHP.
After completing this course, students will:
- learn how PHP works;
- learn the basic syntax of PHP;
- learn to create dynamic interactive pages with PHP;
- learn to manipulate files with PHP;
- learn to work with arrays in PHP;
- learn to validate forms with PHP;
- learn to write functions in PHP;
- learn to manipulate and manage database data with PHP;
- learn to authenticate users with PHP;
- learn to manage sessions with PHP;
- learn to work with the MDB2 package;
- learn advanced form validation with regular expressions;
- learn to send email with PHP;
Training takes place in an e-learning environment, which can be accessed using personal username and password. Username and password will be sent to you after the payment or by special agreement.