PECB Certified ISO 27001 Lead Auditor
Training duration: 32 ac h (4 days). Certification exam is held on day 5.
- Auditors seeking to perform and lead Information Security Management System (ISMS) certification audits
- Managers or consultants seeking to master an Information Security Management System audit process
- Individuals responsible for maintaining conformance with Information Security Management System requirements
- Technical experts seeking to prepare for an Information Security Management System audit
- Expert advisors in Information Security Management
Prerequisites:A fundamental understanding of ISO/IEC 27001 and comprehensive knowledge of audit principles.
Contents of this training
ISO/IEC 27001 Lead Auditor training enables you to develop the necessary expertise to perform an Information Security Management System (ISMS) audit by applying widely recognized audit principles, procedures and techniques.
During this training course, you will acquire the knowledge and skills to plan and carry out internal and external audits in compliance with ISO 19011 and ISO/IEC 17021-1 certification process.
Based on practical exercises, you will be able to master audit techniques and become competent to manage an audit program, audit team, communication with customers, and conflict resolution.
After acquiring the necessary expertise to perform this audit, you can sit for the exam and apply for a “PECB Certified ISO/IEC 27001 Lead Auditor” credential. By holding a PECB Lead Auditor Certificate, you will demonstrate that you have the capabilities and competencies to audit organizations based on best practices.
There will be an extra charge for exam (490€ +VAT).
Trainer: PhD Andro Kull, certified ISO 27001 Lead Auditor
Specific course content will include
- Day 1
- Introduction to Information Security Management Systems (ISMS) and ISO/IEC 27001
- Course objectives and structure
- Standards and regulatory frameworks
- Certification process
- Fundamental principles of Information Security Management Systems
- Information Security Management Systems (ISMS)
- Day 2
- Audit principles, preparation and launching of an audit
- Fundamental audit concepts and principles
- Evidence based audit approach
- Initiating the audit
- Stage 1 audit
- Preparing the stage 2 audit (on-site audit)
- Stage 2 audit (Part 1)
- Day 3
- On-site audit activities
- Stage 2 audit (Part 2)
- Communication during the audit
- Audit procedures
- Creating audit test plans
- Drafting audit findings and non-conformity reports
- Day 4
- Closing the audit
- Documentation of the audit and the audit quality review
- Closing the audit
- Evaluating action plans by the auditor
- Benefits of the initial audit
- Managing an internal audit program
- Competence and evaluation of auditors
- Closing the training
- Day 5
- Certification Exam
- understand the operations of an Information Security Management System based on ISO/IEC 27001;
- acknowledge the correlation between ISO/IEC 27001, ISO/IEC 27002 and other standards and regulatory frameworks;
- understand an auditor’s role to: plan, lead and follow-up on a management system audit in accordance with ISO 19011;
- learn how to lead an audit and audit team;
- learn how to interpret the requirements of ISO/IEC 27001 in the context of an ISMS audit;
- acquire the competencies of an auditor to: plan an audit, lead an audit, draft reports, and follow-up on an audit in compliance with ISO 19011.
- classroom training;
- course materials;
- certification of attendance the course.
In addition we offer:
- snacks, tea and coffee;
- lunch on each training day.