PRINCE2® Agile Foundation Certificate in Agile Project Management
Training duration: 16 academic hours (2 days)
Target audience: Everyone delivering, managing or working within agile projects and project teams will benefit from the PRINCE2 Agile method, without the need for any prior knowledge of PRINCE2.
The PRINCE2 Agile Foundation certificate and training course is targeted at anyone who is working in the above environments (project manager or otherwise) who currently has not received any training or certification in PRINCE2.
Typical roles could include:
- Project manager
- Project support
- Other PMO roles include
- PMO Officer
- Head of PMO
- Other roles in support of delivery teams
PRINCE2 Agile Foundation is also targeted at professionals working in an agile environment who are seeking more structure and governance to their current delivery work.
Typical roles could include:
- Scrum master/agile coach
- Delivery team member (eg developer)
- Product owner
- Product manager
Prerequisites: While there are no formal prerequisites for this course, you will be required to complete the pre-course reading material to gain a basic level of knowledge of PRINCE2.
Delegates will be provided with a number of short activities to complete, including access to QA’s interactive video-based learning, that will help you prepare for the course. These activities are expected to take approximately six hours to complete (although you may wish to spend longer to help you prepare more effectively). The benefits of Pre-course Reading are outlined in this short, entertaining animation – www.qa.com/precoursereading
Proof of identification
If taking an exam, you are required to provide Photo ID with a valid signature eg a driving licence, passport or named work ID badges prior to sitting your exam. Failure to produce this ID will result in your exam results being withheld until proof of ID is provided. Please note that if proof is not provided within 40 days, your exam results will be null and void and a re-sit would be required.
The training is held in cooperation with our partner QA.
Contents of this training
PRINCE2 Agile Foundation is a newly developed certification level to support PRINCE2 Agile. The new qualification will fit within the existing content scheme and is intended as another route for candidates to take PRINCE2 Agile Practitioner. The introduction of PRINCE2 Agile Foundation will enable a wider audience to benefit from the positively received guidance on delivering, managing or working within agile projects and project teams, without the need for any prior knowledge of PRINCE2.
This course uses a combination of theory, discussion and practical exercises to ensure delegates feel confident in the application of the concepts. The initial mandate for the project will be developed into a project plan. This plan will be used to control the project from feasibility through to closure, using agile techniques to deliver the project on time, on budget.
The course will cover the following topics:
- An overview of PRINCE2
- An introduction to agile
- Blending PRINCE2 and agile
- What to fix and what to flex
- Agile behaviours and the PRINCE2 principles
- Agile and the PRINCE2 themes
- Agile and the PRINCE2 processes
- Focus areas
PRINCE2 Agile Examination – key information:
- Objective testing
- One-hour multiple-choice paper
- 50 questions with a pass mark of 55%
- Closed book exam
Throughout the PRINCE2 Agile course, delegates will be exposed to numerous examples of examination questions. We will undertake a number of exercises and ‘question-and-answer’ sessions that will help to consolidate the learning, thereby ensuring that delegates are more than adequately prepared for the final examination.
What are the benefits for individuals looking to take the course?
The benefits of PRINCE2 Agile Foundation include:
- It’s accessible to any professional who wants to deliver agile projects or is part of a wider agile project delivery team.
- Achieve a world-renowned agile project management certification.
- Learn the basics of PRINCE2 and understand how to tailor the method in an agile context.
- Gain a broad range of knowledge of agile concepts and techniques, including Scrum, Kanban, Lean Start-up and Cynefin.
What are the organisational benefits of adopting PRINCE2 Agile?
Some of the benefits for organisation adopting PRINCE2 Agile:
- Deliver demonstrable value earlier within projects.
- Enable disciplined flexibility.
- Reduce the risk of poor-quality products through incremental and iterative delivery.
- Promote transparent working practices throughout the project team.
On this course attendees will:
- understand the concepts of common agile ways of working;
- understand the purpose and context for combing PRINCE2 and the agile way of working;
- be able to apply and evaluate the focus areas to a project in an agile context;
- be able to fix and flex the six aspects of a project in an agile context;
- be able to apply or tailor the PRINCE2 themes, processes and management products for a project in an agile context;
- to prepare delegates for the PRINCE2 Agile Foundation exam.
- virtual training;
- course materials;
- certification exam.
Täienduskoolituse õppekavarühm: juhtimine ja haldus
PRINCE2® is a registered trade mark of AXELOS Limited, used under permission of AXELOS Limited. All rights reserved.